| | Post date: 2017/12/24 |
|Guide for Authors
Instructions for Authors
The quarterly International Journal of Persian Language accepts the articles which the authors write on their research achievements in the format of analysis, comparison and criticism. The journal welcomes researches that contain new findings and are fundamental.
Author(s) must write : complete title of the manuscript, full names of all the authors with their last affiliations (department or institution, university, city, country), address for correspondence with telephone numbers, e-mail, and Fax number.Link
Research Articles also are called “Original Articles”, which are considered as the common types of articles. The content of the paper must justify its length. For the original research, traditional sections are required including: Title, Keywords, Addresses and corresponding author's address, the Structured Abstract, Background, Objectives (optional), Methods, Results, Discussion, References, Acknowledgements.
Length of Paper
The length of the articles should not exceed 3500 words.
* Abstract should include the objectives, methods and results of the research.
* The length of the abstract should be between 250 to 350 words.
*After the abstract, author(s) should provide between 4 and 10 keywords, which must not be part of the title of the article. Keywords will be useful for indexing or searching. Keywords should be separated by a semicolon, and a space.
To distinguish different parts of the article, it is recommended to use the Times New Roman font (size 12) for the body, size 12 bold for subheadings, size 14 for headings and size 14 bold for the title.
Proper Article Writing
Any manuscript must consider all article writing standards. We suggest using APA manual of Style for writing articles. Any lack of "English" academic writing may lead to "fast rejection" of manuscripts. Therefore, journal strongly recommend authors to consult their manuscripts with a native English speaker and edit them. To avoid the English editing surcharge, we recommend that non-native English speaking authors send their manuscripts to a professional English editing service prior to the submission of their manuscript to journals.
Citations in the text
All references should be cited in the text mentioning the last name of the author and year of publication between parentheses. In case of two authors, both should be mentioned. When there are three or more authors, mention only the first author followed by et al., and the year. When two or more references are cited in the same parenthesis, the authors should be in chronological order. And if they have published in the same year, they should be in alphabetical order. Moreover, if there is more than one reference of the same author and the same year, they should be indicated with letters. See examples:
- One author: (Ingwersen, 1998).
- Two authors: (Small & Garfield, 1986).
- Three or more authors: papers by three or more authors are cited by the first author followed by et al., and the date (Ingwersen et al., 2003).
- Two or more references with the same year: (Garfield, 1999; Lancaster, 1999; Small, 1999).
- Two or more references with the same author and the same year: (Garfield, 2003a; 2003b; 2003c).
- Two or more references in the same parenthesis: (Garfield, 2000; Ingwersen, 2003; Small et al., 2004)
Any change in authorship (i.e., order, addition, and deletion of authors) after initial submission must be approved by all authors. Authors should determine the order of authorship among themselves. In addition, any alterations must be clarified to the Editor/Editor-in-chief.
A sample of Agreement form of change in Authorship can be found HERE.
1. The article should be sent via the journal’s website.
2. The articles should not have already been published previously or sent to another journal at the same time.
3. Please do not post several articles at once.
Citing or linking with a DOI link
A digital object identifier (DOI) can be used to cite and link to the electronic documents. A DOI is guaranteed to never change, so you can use DOI to link to the electronic documents, permanently.
- To find a document with a DOI
- Copy the DOI of the document.
- In your browser, open the following DOI site:
- Enter the DOI in the provided text box, and then click the Go button.
The correct format for citing or creating a link to a document using its DOI is as follows:
- To cite or create a link to a document with a DOI
Note: The DOI scheme is administered by the International DOI Foundation. Several world's leading publishers have come together to build a DOI-based document linking scheme known as CrossRef.